A while back, MiJi posted a picture of this jar of coconut oil we both ordered from Biomazing, where you can finds lots of other natural and organic skin care products. I've been using coconut oil in the kitchen for some time now and always wanted to use it for skin care as well. There are apparently lots of benefits of including coconut oil in your daily diet but I was curious to find out how it can be used for beauty purposes and here's just some of them:
- conditioning hair mask: Since I have really dry ends, I warm some coconut oil in my hands and work the oil into the dry parts of my hair. Then I let it soak in for a couple of hours (or overnight) and wash as usual.
- lip balm: Totally safe to lick off and re-apply as needed.
- skin moisturizer: I love coconut oil as an all-over body moisturizer. It is said to reduce stretch marks and prevent any new ones but I can't say much about that except that it leaves my skin silky smooth and tropically smelling. Usually I apply it on damp skin to lock in as much moisture as possible.
- body scrub: You could mix some sugar or salt (whichever you prefer) and make a paste with a bit of coconut oil. I have yet to try this but I'm sure I'll love it just like any other homemade body scrub.
- eye makeup remover: If you don't mind the oiliness, this might be a perfect natural alternative for you. Especially effective to remove waterproof mascara.
I have been using this jar for about 6 months regularly and have been only half through, so a little goes definitely a long way.This is one of the products I woul keep purchasing because it's so multifunctional. Do you also have these kind of multi-purpose products you swear by?